SHABBY BLOG BACKGROUND

Thursday, April 20, 2017

#6 - Writing

    I love writing because it gives me an opportunity to express what's going on in my mind. My thoughts, and consciousness, I can write whatever I want. Not all my writings are going to be published. When I feel like there's nothing else I can do, no one to turn to I'll get a pen and start forming signs and symbols on paper, or type on my keyboard. The words that came out may not be perfect but at least they're sincere. Writing gives me creative freedom to do whatever I want. I could write a piece that's deep and meaningful, but in turn I could also write stupid, and random things that happened in my life.

    I kept a journal when I was going through my first heart break, that journal works as a way to remind me that I could get through it. Life doesn't end, and it represents a hope (although hope is an abstract concept). Maybe it's the gratification that I get from it. I gain pleasure when I write.

“Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah. Menulis adalah bekerja untuk keabadian.” 

    If you don't want to be forgotten, you should write. Write about anything, and everything. Writing gives you a chance to be remembered by society. You don't need to write about complex subjects. Here's the thing, you're living now in 2017, just write about your daily life. It may not seem important but in 2117, people are going to wonder about what it feels like to live in 2017? Who knows your writing could win a Pulitzer in a hundred years.

    Writing gives your thoughts a way to be discovered by general public. You know that feeling you get when you read a writing you really like. When you read a novel, or a poem in which you think the author has same structure of thought as you? THAT'S WHAT I LIKE, that AHA moment when you get super excited to continue reading this once in a blue moon-amazing-wonderful book you managed to find. Don't you want your thoughts to be materialized and read by other people? Don't you want to share knowledge with your readers? That's why I think it's important for humans to write. 

Continue on writing, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment